ZoRaw Keto Protein Chocolate Donuts
Author: Sofiya Leskiv (@sofiyafitness)
Using ZoRaw Protein Chocolate Bars, this recipe is keto-friendly with only 3g of net carbs and 10g of protein per serving, not to mention these donuts are also gluten free! It will fit any lifestyle, whether you’re trying to cut down on sugar, counting macros or focusing on other fitness goals. Let’s be real & raw here...it is perfect to satisfy any sweet tooth cravings! Here’s how you make these perfect donuts:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
|52g||ZoRaw 60% Dark Chocolate Protein bar|
|1 cup||Ground Almond (or almond meal/flour)|
|7 tbsp||Coconut Flour|
|1/4 cup||Granulated erythritol|
|1 tsp||Sour Cream|
|5 tbsp||Unsalted butter|
Heavy cream (or use 3-4 tbsp of full fat milk)
|1 tbsp||Cocoa Powder|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract (Madagascar Vanilla - if you want the good stuff!)|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1||Donut Baking mold (silicone or pan)|
Protein Chocolate Glaze Ingredients:
|52g||ZoRaw 45% Milk Chocolate Protein Bar (or ZoRaw 60% Dark Chocolate Protein Bar)|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 cup||Chopped Almonds|
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 Degrees F (175 Degrees Celsius)
- Melt butter. Incorporate butter with heavy cream or milk, sour cream and choice of sweetener into a smooth consistency (use a stand or hand-held mixer).
- Incorporate eggs and vanilla until fully combined.
- Melt ZoRaw chocolate in a double-boiler and slowly add into mixture.
- Add ground almonds, baking powder and mix until combined.
- Grease donut mold/pan with choice of oil spray (eg. Coconut, avocado).
- Spoon donut mixture (make sure to not over-fill, they will rise beautifully).
- Bake donuts for 15-17 minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove from molds and cool on baking rack.
Chocolate Glaze Directions:
- On low, melt 1 bar (52g) of 45% Milk Chocolate Protein and 1 tbsp. of coconut oil in a double boiler
- Pour chocolate mixture onto a shallow, flat plate or pan (for easier dipping).
- Dip each donut into chocolate.
- Sprinkle donuts with chopped almonds and allow few minutes for nuts to set.
Now you’re ready to enjoy a guilt-free dessert, whether you’re simply looking for a healthier dessert alternative or looking to fit some sweet treats into your daily meals! Trust me, with ZoRaw's healthiest premium chocolate, you can fool anyone with this recipe!
Serving Size 1 Donut
Calories 280 cal
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrates 7 g|
Dietary Fiber 4 g